
In response to Ms. Powell's Social Media – The Good, The Bad and the 'Not-So-Private'
In a blog of 300 words, reply to the following questions:
1. Are you a member of a social networking website? Why or why not?
2. Have you checked your privacy settings lately? Who can see the information that you put out there?
3. What kind of information are you allowing others to have access to? Have you thought about this before?
4. What kinds of things are safe to post? Unsafe? List some unsafe information that you should keep to yourself and not allow others to see online.
5. How can we become more responsible users of social networking websites? Why is this so important?
My responses are:
1. Yes I am a member of a social networking website. I am a member of a social networking website because it keeps me updated with what's going on in the world like friends, family celebrities etc. One more reason why I am a member of a social networking website is because it is easier and faster to communicate with friends and family without having to be with them. Different examples of social networking websites is Facebook where people get updated with other people's profiles and twitter is where you get a constant update with your friends everyday.
2. No I haven't checked my privacy setting recently. My privacy settings are set where only friends and family can see what I post or share. I make sure that only people I know can see what i do and I make sure that no one I know see's what i do.
3. They type of information that I am allowing my friends and family to access is my photos, posts, and the different type of information about me such as birthday, sex, age, etc. The people I don't know, can only see my name, birthday, and sex. Yes I have thought about this before, if I haven't thought about this before random people I don't know will see everything I have posted.
4. Some things that are safe to post are like things you are doing right at that very moment such as eating, watching tv, play video games, etc. Another thing that is safe to post are things that are on your mind. Unsafe things to post are where you live and your phone number.
5. We can become more responsible users of social networking websites by checking our privacy setting every now and then since social networking websites update there software and web page. Another way of becoming responsible users of social networking websites is by being aware with what you post. This is so important because people can see what we post and the information that we post can be useful for them to do something harmful to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment